Lyon, France

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Have a Smashing 2013!

Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Happy 2013, dearest friends and family!

This letter comes to you late at the cause of these festivities! Yesterday Elder Petek and I spent the day at the homes of our dear friends in this church. Because of the festivities, this letter will be a little short.

I hope that this season brings a feeling of newness... new goals, new resolutions, new times and new experiences.

I am very much looking forward to spending EVERY SINGLE DAY this year in the service of the thing that is the most important to me, the work of Jesus Christ.  The work of helping other people to first come to know him, and then to come unto him.  365.25 days of glory, is what I might like to call it.

I don't have a lot of time, but I would like to give you a briefing of how the work is going here in Toulouse, France.

I don't know if you remember, but months ago I told you about a man named Jhonny (remember he has an original name with an unoriginal spelling).  Elder Petek and I met this man on the street one day and then taught him about Jesus Christ the following day.  Our message of the Restoration of His church brought him to tears and he accepted to be baptized once he found for himself that it was true?  Well, I haven't given you an update on this man in months, he lived in the boundaries of the other ward (at the time... and now we're actually in his ward) so we had to pass him to continue to be taught by other missionaries.  He came to find for himself that it is true and he will be baptized this Saturday.  He was such an incredible man when we met him, but he has truly transformed into a man of faith.  He has had a lot of opposition from his family in his decision, but this hasn't in any way shaken his witness of the truth. He contributes in priesthood meetings at church, and truly engages himself in learning more about our incredible message.  I will you send you pictures of the baptism of our dear friend soon.

Elsa and David spent the holidays in Paris.  They will be baptized next weekend (we pushed back the date to give them more time to prepare and to feel completely ready).  David is excited and very ready for his baptism, but Elsa, who is very particular and straight, which are very good qualities, wants to understand 100% before she gets herself into something.  Elder Petek and I saw them silently huddled over a Book of Mormon together, just this morning in the metro.  They have great desire and are truly trying to deepen their understanding and their testimony.

Their are many people who we are starting to teach now, who are simply incredible.  I don't have time to tell you, so you'll just have to believe me.

Know that I love you and pray for you.  Thank you for all the warmth that you sent me these last few weeks!

L'amour,

Elder Kunzler







No comments:

Post a Comment