Lyon, France

Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Hello once again, family and friends.
 
I am still alive and well.  I am progressing in my knowledge and comprehension of the French tongue.  My testimony of the Restored Gospel is being strengthened daily.  Everday I am reassured that the things that I am doing are infinitely important and I am so grateful that I have been prepared by all of you for this work.  I thank you, one and all for your examples to me.  I am so happy that I have the knowledge that I do and that I have this opportunity to share this knowledge with others.  It is not easy work, even in preparing for the field, but as Nephi said, "I know in whom I trust."  He is my strength.  I have received so much from him and continue to receive much.  I would like to humbly share with you all a few of the things which I have received.
 
I am a human being with the capacity to choose between the good and the bad.  Because of this ability, I am able to progress and to learn in this life.  I know that because there have been times in my life when I have chosen the bad, I have estranged myself from God.  I have gone against the knowledge which I have received and thus turned myself away from him.  In his infinite wisdom, God made a way for me to be able to turn myself back to him.  He sent his Son, his first born, the Only Begotten of Him, to be the perfect sacrifice, the white lamb without blemish.  I know that this son was Jesus Christ.  I only know this because I have applied the blood that he spilled and it has freed me.  As the blind man, whom he healed said, "All I know is that I was blind and now I can see."  I was guilty, is was bound down, but now I am freed and have the peace of a free man, through the grace of the Prince of Peace.  I do know how it works, all I know is that God loves us so much that it does.  His arm is always stretched out, but it is all up to us to reach out and grab.  Like Peter, who was struggled and he turned his eyes from his master, we too can be rescued if we reach out and grab the hand which is out in front of us.  Like Nephi, who had difficulty rejoicing and finding peace in himself, if we will trust in Him and cry unto him that he will walk with us in our "low valleys" and "plain roads".  Like the people of Alma, our burdens can be made light and we can be delivered from all if we will but have faith and belief on the name of Jesus Christ.  I would not know these things if I hadn't put them to the test for myself.  And I would not say things which I did not know.  I know, without the shadow of a doubt, that Jesus Christ is my Redeemer and my Savior.  The Redeemer and the Savior of the whole world, whether he will have us to be or not.  He paid the price for all of humanity to return to the God, to find peace in this life and infinite happiness in the world to come.  I bear my testimony to you that the soul is immortal.  Everything around us cries this!  Look around the world, observe the patterns in nature, in the universe, in human behavior.  Everything cries for something greater, something we are all progressing towards!  God is in the heavens and we are his children.  We will receive immortal bodies and be able to stand in his presence, thanks to the Atonement which our Savior made for us.  How glorious a day that will be!  I know that the gospel which Jesus Christ brought to the earth was restored to the earth through a prophet that God called, Joseph Smith.  I know that he restored the fulness of the gospel, the true and everlasting church of Christ and the priesthood necessary to administer in it.  I am so happy to be a part of his kingdom on the earth and to be able to fortify as well as expand his stakes.  I love this work with all my heart and would not rather be in any other place than where I am now.
 
I know that God loves us.  I know this because I feel a portion of this love towards you, my friends and family.
 
L'amour,
 
Elder Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment