Lyon, France

Monday, February 11, 2013

Le Livre de Mormon: Un Autre Temoinage de Jesus-Christ

Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Dearest family members and friends,

I would like to start this letter by turning my thoughts towards my father and wishing him "Un Joyeux Anniversaire!".  Today, February 11th, 2013, he is 48 years old and he still hasn't run a marathon with me.  But I love him to death!  I will be celebrating with you here on the other side of the world.  I love you, dad!

To be honest with you, I cannot believe that it is already the middle of February.  It feels like just yesterday that I arrived here in Toulouse with Elder Petek back in the middle of October.  This week is the last week of my 5th transfer here in France, and to be honest, I would be prepared to stay here in Toulouse and serve these people, "perhaps until the day I die".  I love my companion, I love my area and, above all, I love the people here in Toulouse, France.

This week was packed full of experiences which have allowed to feel and to see the Light of Our Savior.  He is truly there right next to us his servants, and him and his angels are working, just as hard or harder, for the salvation of our brothers and sisters.  It is such an incredible blessing to be able to be a part of this team.

Alexis.  My, this is a changed man.  He told us that when we met him, he was going through a difficult time in his life, a difficult transition period.  He was honest with us in telling us that he did not have a lot of happiness in his life.  If you say him now, you would not guess it.  He tells us that his life is now filled with so much hope and happiness.  That, as he continues in prayer and studty, he is truly able to have the presence of God, the Holy Ghost with him all the time.  We are so pleased that he is recognizing it.  He expressed to us that he knows that this church is the church of God, he is disappointed that France views us a sect, or cult, because of miseducation and media, that this church has brought him nothing but peace and happiness and he knows that it comes from God.  He will be making his first covenant with God this Saturday, when he will be entering into the waters of baptism.  He has come such a long way, but he is not prepared to stop it there.  Yesterday, we had a little meeting with him just before church and he told us that the previous day he had been praying and he got the impression that he needed to finish the Book of Mormon... before he is baptized.  Now, he is motivated and determined to finish this (rather thick) testament of Jesus Christ in less than 7 days (he is in 1 Nephi 8 :) ).  We know that he can do it, and he will be in our prayers.  Whatta guy!

Tracey is doing "formidable", as the French would say.  She has accepted all of the commandments that we have taught her thus far.  She has got into the habit of testifying of each one once we have finished teaching them (she was pretty much already living the gospel before we even met her).  Yesterday we taught the Word of Wisdom and at the end of the lesson, she was like, "No, I don't have any questions, but I would just like to bear my testimony on this commandment.." then she talked about how her father was a former smoker and that subjecting your body to dependancies is not being a steward with the beautiful physical body that God has given us.  Yesterday evening, I called a member up on the phone and thanked her for being so kind and sitting next to our investigator in Sacrament meeting.  Then she was like, "Wait, she is an investigator?!  I was convinced that she was just another one of the Young Adult Women in our ward!" Tracey truly has a special spirit to her, and it is such a pleasure to help her spirit come into contact with truths that she was so prepared for.

Some other really cool things happened this week that I won't be able to go into much detail about, but just know that they were awesome.  For example, we taught Iris, she is really starting to get some answers, progressing very slowly, we still just need to get her to church!  Interviews with president was a pleasure.  My  comp and I got to visit the beautiful village of Albi, in our zone (I've attached some photos).  Elsa and David continue to progress very well in the gospel.  We get to teach them once a week with their new home teachers and it is such a pleasure.  Also, Utile, Sebastian and Jhonny are doing very well as well!  Jhonny blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday and we will be seeing Alexis with Utile tomorrow!  They're the best.

I wish you all a fantasic week!  Don't let the moment escape you, you only have the week of Feb. 11, 2013 once in your life, use it to it's max.  I feel like I need to quote one of my father's wise sayings to honor him on his birthday.  Something that he says that inspires me is, "Enjoy the moment."

L'amour,
Elder Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment