Lyon, France

Monday, February 4, 2013

Les Miracles Commencent

Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Dearest Family and Friends (and blog-viewers ;)

I trust that your week was a special one.  Can you believe that it is already February?  I can't.  I think that January 2013 was officially the fastest passing 31 days of my life.  But very special days.  Days that I'm never going to forget in my life.

This week some amazing things happened in our efforts in spreading the good news here in Toulouse, France.  Before I tell you a couple miracles, maybe I'll just fill you in very quickly on our progressing amis.

Alexis spent the weekend up in Paris with his family for his 28th birthday, but we were able to see him twice before he departed.  He is still progressing well and we trust that he will be well-prepared for his baptism next week.  He has been taught and accepted all of the commandments.  When we taught him about baptism and confirmation in the church, we asked him how he felt in regards to that, and he told us very sincerely that he feels mentally prepared, but he wishes to spiritually progress before, so that he can be truly ready.  He understands the significance of this sacred covenant, and does not take it lightly.  So we decided, to give him a little more time to prepare, to push his date back one week, so now it falls on the 16th of February.  This will give him more time to read the Book of Mormon and continue in his prayers.  He is the man.

Tracey is special.  She will be baptized on the 23rd this month (we pushed the date forward and now it falls on her birthday!)  At church yesterday, she ATE IT UP.  It was fast and testimony meeting and a returned sister missionary who served in Paris bore a very powerful testimony of the miracles that are seen in the France missions every single day.  Afterwards, she asked us what missionary work is like and how one can go on one.  We want to push her to go on one!  She will be the greatest missionary.  Progressing very well in the restored gospel.

Iris is progressing.  She had a lot of doubts, a lot of fears, a lot of opposition, but we think that now she is ready.  She prayed at the end of our last lesson to have more of a real intention and to have a truer desire to know if the Book of Mormon is true.  I talked to her on the phone yesterday and she told me that she had finally started to read!  Just the fact that she is now opening the Book is a real miracle.  We are certain that she will start getting the answers to her questions very soon.  We'll be seeing her tomorrow, and our next step is just getting her to church!

So, first miracle.  Leila.  I don't know if the name rings any bells, but she is someone who Elder Petek and I met on Halloween night, over 3 months ago when we first arrived in Toulouse.  We taught her once and it was the most incredible lesson that I have taught on my mission.  In that the first lesson with her about the restoration of Christ's church, she expressed to us, through tears, that she felt like she "was coming home" and that she finally thought that she found the answer to so many of her questions before. Well, we had lost contact with her.  She never answered calls, responded to texts, we weren't even sure if we had the right number, because we had never contacted her before our first meeting with her.  We had never given up hope though! She had always kind of stayed in the back of our minds and we prayed a lot that we would be able to find her again. Then on Saturday night, I was working on some papers, when I heard my collegue say "Hello, is this Leila?"  At first I thought he was joking with me.  Then, I heard her voice on the other line.  They started talking, she said that she was in Spain on vacation and will be back at the end of this week.  My companion asked her if she would be interested in learning more about the message that we shared with her back in November.  There was a pause on the phone and then "Yes."  We will be seeing her soon, and that's a tender mercy.  We know that she needs this message more than anything.

Don't have a whole lot of time to tell you my other miracle, but know that my companion and I were able to use our priesthood to do some really amazing things one day.  Heal the spiritually wounded and the physically sick.  Ask me to tell you the story in June 2014.  Hehe.

I know that the priesthood is on the earth today.  God speaks in our day.  The heavens are not sealed.  The Lord is accomplishing his purposes right now, with or without us.  He wants us to be happy, and he knows that the only way to do so is to see to the happiness of others.  He calls us unto Him.  Those who were once with Him and those who have never know Him yet in this life.  He calls young fisherman to find them and he tells them where to cast their nets.  This is His work, it always has been and it always will be.  I love Him.

I love you, too.

L'amour,
Elder Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment