Lyon, France

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The MTC is like Disneyland


It's been one week since I last saw you all and so much has happened since then!  I am officially a missionary now and life is good.  My companion's name is Elder Wilson, from Colorado Springs.  We get along great.  He took years of French in high school, so he helps a lot with the language.  The MTC is really intense.  From day 1, the teacher spoke nothing but French.  Thank you, Manita for the French audio CD's.  I was able to say "Je ne comprende pas le Français".  My teacher giggled.  I've already taught 3 lessons to a fake investigator... in French.  It is struggly.  But we're definitely improving.  In one of our lessons Elder Wilson bore his testimony of the Book of Mormon and then asked if we could close with a prayer.  He then turned to me and me, having no idea what was going on, bore my testimony of prophets.  The guy is going to be baptized soon.  You're all invited.

Our district is really awesome, we all get along well, and we're super unified.  G-g-great group o' guys.  Elder Ferguson snores like a sick rhinocerous, though.  So I've been using the ear plugs to their full potential. Thanks mom.  In fact they work too well.  The second or third night I wore them and apparently I slept through the alarm. I guess that Elder Wilbur shook me like a dog to try to wake me up, but I wouldn't budge.  I then Elder Wilson came up merely touched me on the thigh and I shot straight up.  It strengthed my testimony of the deep and often misunderstood power between companions.  Rofl.

I love the MTC.  Honestly I've never felt the spirit more in my life.  My instructor is awesome, he served in Paris.  Every day I get more excited for the field than the day before.  I see Elder Rhoton and Nelson Elder (formerly, Jake Nelson) all the time.  We like to laugh together.  Sorry I'm so all over the place, I have a little timer thing at the top of my screen.  It's really intimidating.  But I just want to tell you guys basically what I said in the title.... that the MTC is like Disneyland!  It's so much fun here and it is the happiest place on earth.  Honestly there is no place that I would rather be on the planet than right here right now.

I just want you guys to know that I love being a missionary and I love all of you.  I love this work and the good people that are always around me.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to work full time for Him in bringing His sheep unto Him.  My preparation for this work is going great!  I've never worked harder and felt more blessed in my life.

Love,

Elder Kunzler

P.S.  I haven't craved anything from the outside world yet......... except for gummy worms.  Elder Malone and I get so desperate sometimes that we go and steal the gummy worms from the top of the "cups of dirt" in the cafeteria.

P.P.S.  I don't know if you guys have recieved my letter yet, but Dear Elder me rather than e-mail me, please.  It's way more convenient.  It's easier for you and me.  Merci beaucoups.

P.P.S.  I don't think that the MTC computer's support pictures, but I have some good ones... um which kind of stinks.  But you will see them in two months at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment