Lyon, France

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Greetings from Bordeaux!


Dearest friends and family,

Perhaps you question the significance of the title of this e-mail?  Fear not, for I have safely arrived in Bordeaux.  Yes, after nearly 6 months of working in the wonderful city of Toulouse, I have been called to serve in Bordeaux with Elder Emal from Riverton, UT (he's the MAN, I'll show you a pic later on).  I arrived here early this afternoon and my first impressions are that IT IS HUGE.  I believe that it is one of the largest cities in France, there are 3 wards here (I will be in the Lormont) and there are many, many students.  I am so excited for the opportunity that I have to serve here and look forward to the experiences that we will have this transfer.
Elsa and David - They are celestial

For those who aren't familiar with missionary work it is important to know that it is very fun getting moved to new city and meeting new people, but it is tough to say goodbye to all the friends made in the last area.  Saying goodbye to the friends I've made in Toulouse over the last few months has been TOUGH!  I really grew to love these people and I will always cherish the relationships that I made.  Last night an angelic family that I really grew to love here invited the missionaries over for a raclette (which is a type of cheese that you stick in little oven to let melt and then you throw it on a potatoe with some veggies and meats... a French specialty!).  This particular family is one that we've been working with lately to help them to do missionary work with those in their entourage (the best way to do missionary work is through the members!)  They felt inspired to invite their neighbor over, so I got to spend my last night in Toulouse eating at a members home, and sharing a message about the Resurrection of the Savior and the incredible Easter message in the presence of a non-member!  It was the best way to spend Easter holiday, helping others to come one step closer to the Savior.
So are they

Another incredible experience that took place this last week was that Elder Uluave and I were able to teach the Indian princess again!  Even though she was going to be returning to India that weekend, she took some time out of her week to learn a little bit more about God's restored truths.  At the end of the lesson, she took a couple of minutes to express to us her thanks for being able to come a little bit closer to God.  It was one of those really cool missionary experiences that I'm never going to forget.
Elder Emal, $THE MAN$

A little update on everyone, before I go and begin my Bordeaux adventures.  Tracey is still in Martinique. Last I heard she was sharing the Book of Mormon with her sisters.  Alexis is going to institute up in Paris and making some friends.  Utile, Elsa and David all came to the train station this morning to say "au revoir"... I will miss them dearly.  Elsa and David gave me a magical golden coin as a parting gift, something that will bring me much luck.  They're the COOLEST.  Iris went back to China and is going to accept the restored gospel in a heartbeat once the missionfield opens over there (James).  Jhonny is still helping his ex-wife and children to come unto Christ.  My former bishop still looks like Will Ferrell. Man, I'm going to miss this people!
The Haas family, celebrating Easter by doing missionary work!

Well, my loves!  I wish you the happiest of Easters!  Admist all the chocolate and giant bunnies, try to remember we set this day apart.  He changed the world coming back into it.  Use the Easter season to "renew" ourselves by bringing ourselves one step closer to Him.  Prepare well for conference, go in with a question, a notepad and a pen and I promise you'll get an answer.  I love you all so much.

Avec amour,
Elder Kunzler

Me and my islander bros

No comments:

Post a Comment