Lyon, France

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Alors là!

Dearest family and friends,

First of all, HAPPY EASTER!  Yesterday was the best Easter of my life!  As a missionary, I have loved the Christmas' and Easters that I have experienced, but yesterday I felt more gratitude for what he has done than ever.  Easter is the celebration of the culmination of his sacrifice.  It is the glorious victory over the forces of death and sin.  It happened 2000 years ago, but today it still gives us the greatest hope imaginable.  I have never felt his hands or his feet or thrust my hand into his side, but I know that the Savior lives!  The Sacrament has such powerful meaning on easter!  Especially for us, who hadn't been able to take the Sacrament in 3 weeks.  He gave his body for us.  He lived it all.  All that a human body can take, suffer, endure.  And then he let it go.  He let life leave his body, even though he didn't have to.  But wasn't the end!  As the angel reminded those searching for his body, he did what he said he was going to do, HE IS RISEN!  Isn't this the most remarkable event in human history?  I grateful to have a spiritual knowledge of these things and to be able to share that with people.

Yesterday we taught someone who knew next to nothing about the Savior.  He comes from China and he walked into the church on his own will... out of curiousity.  As we explained who Jesus Christ was to him, I felt really really confident.  I felt like what this person was learning about at that moment in time was the most valuable piece of knowledge that he would ever be able to acquire in this life.  We showed a film in Chinese that has images of the Savior doing miracles, blessing people, loving, and then suffering for no apparent reason at all.  Then the miraculous resurrection was portrayed.  Still the confidence was there.  When the film was finished our friend was crying and his soul was crying within him, telling him that he NEEDED to attach to that being that he had just observed.  He verbally expressed his desire to know more about Jesus Christ.  Then, when he prayed for the first time in his life, when his spirit communicated with God for the first time in a long time, he asked God "How can I know more about you?"  I felt so confident that I am a representative of Jesus Christ.  That I have been commissioned by Him to help people to know Him.  I felt confident because I am His advocate.  I am not advertising a collection of just any information or philosophy or belief.  I am teaching people about the Creator, Savior and Redeemer of the universe and he has asked me to do it!  I think that this deserves a bit of confidence.

Jean NOEL!  The blood of his fathers is crying out from the ground.  This is a new investigator who has Israelite blood in him. His mother is Columbian and his father is French.  We started teaching him this week, but he has been in preparation for these teachings for a long time.  He is a Master student at a business school here in Lyon, but he told us that his greatest priority from here on out will be to get close to God.  He is humble, meek and loving.  He loves the Savior and recognizes Him in his life.  It is epic teaching him about an ancient record kept by his ancestors in the goal of convincing him to come unto the Holy One of Israel.  I haven't really had that opportunity on my mission.  Jean Noel accepted that he will be baptized next month on the condition that he receive a spiritual confirmation that the Book of Mormon is true.  He has already received small testimonies, but our invitation from our last lesson was for him to apply Moroni's promise and to pray!  We'll see him tomorrow and FOLLOW UP with him.

I'm LITERALLY out of time.

You know I love you and that I pray for you!  God be with you till we meet again!

Avec amour,

ELDER KUNZLER

PS.  My new companion is radical!  He is younger than James, still 18!  But he an incredible missionary!  One love


No comments:

Post a Comment