Lyon, France

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Tu feras même au delà de ce que je dis


Dear family and friends,

Luke 9:24 says,

For whosever will save his life shall lose it, and whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall find it.

The gospel helps us to be happier and to do what the Lord wants us to do!

Elder Palmer and I have lived some excellent experiences this last week.

1.  Remember Marie?  She was one of the first people that I got into contact with when I came into this sector.  She was an old investigator who was discouraged with herself because of her addictions to tobacco, coffee and tea.  Well some epic news!  Her and I have been in contact and this last week she gives me a call and says that she wants to chat.  We talked on the phone for about half an hour and she told me that she had finally read the chapter in the Book of Mormon, which I had given her to read a while back.  It was Mosiah 27 about the conversion of Alma the Younger, and she wanted to talk about it.  We talked, mostly about the Atonement.  She told me that she wanted to change, that she knew that smoking was bad for her, but she told me frankly that she doesn't have the desire to quit.  I think it is because she knows how difficult it will be.  I invited her to pray morning and night to have this desire.  She said that she would.  We will be seeing her tomorrow and finally get to start teaching her again.  She is full of fears and worries, but she is exercising faith, little by little, in her Savior Jesus Christ, who is going to do miracles in her life.  She will be full of joy, peace and light!

2.  Remember Jean-Noel?  He is doing well.  Even though he is very busy with his studies and work, he is setting his priorities straight.  We had a great lesson about the Plan of Salvation this week.  I am so grateful for this knowledge, I think that this is probably my favorite lesson to teach!  I love it when I people start to understand bit by bit the magnitude of God's love for us and Christ's amazing gift of the Atonement.  It is really "Because of Him" that the plan of happiness is made possible.  Another cool little side note, we found out that one of his professors in his Business School is actually a member in our ward!  We had it set up for him to teach with us last week, but it didn't end up working out... but it will soon!

3.  After teaching Jean Noel about the Plan of Salvation, we walked him out of the chapel, where he hopped onto the bus.  When he got on the bus, he actually ran into one of his friends who saw that he had met with us and just left our church.  Her friend, Manon, had lots of questions and Jean Noel talked to her about some of the things he's been learning and feeling.  The next day, as I was making some phone calls, I remembered this very nice girl that I had talked to on a bus a few weeks earlier.  I remember her being really cool because the bus driver started yelling at me for contacting people on the bus, but she told him that we were having a conversation and to leave me alone.  Epic.  I ended up getting her phone number, and called her a few days later, but she explained that she would be busy with studies,etc.  Then, when I was making those phone calls last week, I felt like I should call her.  It was Manon!  She explained that she had seen me at the church with Jean Noel and that she was good friends with Jean Noel.  She said that she would be gone for vacation for a few weeks, but that when she gets back she would love to meet with us and learn more about our message!  The Lord works in mysterious and amazing ways!

I testify that I see the hand of the Lord everyday.  I will do my best to keep as many of these experiences down in my journal so that I can share them with you when I have the opportunity!  This is the Lord's work and it is wonderful to know that I work for him.  Best boss in the universe!  I love you all and I wish you an excellent week!  Try to share this video with someone who isn't a member of the church!


One love,

Elder Kunzler


No comments:

Post a Comment