Lyon, France

Sunday, October 28, 2012

C'est la vie! (La vie de la missionnaire!)

Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 4:33 AM
Bonne semaine par la part des missionnaires de Aix-en-Provence,

SO, I don't know if I've already told you all this (I actually think that I tell you this every single time that I write)... but I got called to the best Ville in France right off the batt.  I don't know how the rest of my mission will be able to top this place.  The ward here is incredible, there are many who are open to hearing the message, and it is incredibly beautiful here.  All is well on the Elder Kunzler front!

I'd like to tell you about a couple of experiences that we have had in the last week.  Last time I told you that we were spending a lot of our time finding... looking for people to teach and to add to our pool of investigators.  One thing you should know about France is that the missionary work here is different than in any other place in the world.  The way that we find people is unique... the way that we work is unique... and thus the way that our mission president guides this work is unique.  His vision is to strengthen the wards and stakes, to get the members to fall in love with the missionaries, to establish complete trust there, and then to let miracles happen.  And we're starting to see miracles.  As we heed to the counsel of our mission president, the Lord is putting those who have been prepared in our way.  I'd like to tell you all about a few of the experiences that Elder Tulley and I have had on this front.

So Elder Tulley and I were walking home from a failed appointment in the dead center of Aix.  Although we were a little bit disappointed, we didn't get discouraged and we kept those ol' faithful smiles on our faces.  We were walking down the road and saw a kind looking lady holding pushing a stroller with her youngsters.  We started to talk to her, to try to understand her and then to share with her the good news.  She was very much interested.  Had some great, deep questions.  We set up a Rendez-vous for the next day at the church.  The next day at the church, 11o clock came by and we waited and waited.  11:30.  Nothing.  Then a wonderful family, with whom, I have had the wonderful opportunity of getting to know (they fed me my first French crepes!)  came by to do some church cleaning.  We decided to stay and help them out.  And what do you know, as we served the members of our ward that morning, the woman (Celine) came!  And it was perfect timing.  I know that it was all according to the Lord's time table.  We were able to give her a tour and the member family helped us to explain and testify!  And now, she has a excellent feel for what this church is like and is we keep our fingers crossed for her future experiences with us.

Another quick little miracle on the member front.  There is a single mother in our ward from South America with two children. She is probably one of the funniest, most sincere and kind people I have ever met.  We've been trying to meet with her ever since I've arrived here, but for one reason or another, we've never been able to make it click.  We were able to see her this week, and boy oh boy was the timing just right.  We visited, left an inspired spiritual thought and shared her testimony.  She's been having a hard time with her son, who's about 16 or so and has stopped coming to church.  Right after we said the closing prayer, her son came in the room and we got talking.  We found that he plays the guitar and that he and I have the same taste of music.  He grabbed his guitar and we sang some Arctic Monkeys songs together.  After all this, the mother made a comment to me that I might be the miracle that she had been praying for.  She wants to be the tool through whom the Lord helps to reactivate one of his sheep.  I'm going to do my best to do the will of the Lord, and I'll keep you updated.

Look all worthy experiences, this week also has had it's trials.  Nicolas hasn't been to church since I've been here and we haven't been able to get in contact with him in the last couple of days.  Some of our investigators have stopped progressing.  Elder Tulley doesn't know how to make omelets.  But we're doing all that we can for these people becuase we love them!  We know that coming unto Christ will bring rest to their souls, light to life and joy.  We're trying to bring that love of Christ to them so that can have a taste of it and then want it all the time.  Agency is a huge part of missionary work and it's taking a lot of patience and prayer.  Faith works miracles and we know it!  I'll tell you about more miracles next week... I promise!  I love you all and love hearing from you.  A la prochaine.

L'amour,

Elder Kunzler

PS. Congratulations Tyler and Mickayla!  May your engagement and marriage be filled with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment