Lyon, France

Monday, July 1, 2013

Que votre coeur ne se trouble point.

Dearest family, friends and strangers,

I love you!  And I love the Lord and being in His service!

I'm sorry that I have not been able to go into much detail in my emails and write any personal emails in the last few weeks, we've been really busy on Pdays (and it's not going to be much different today, I have to leave soon to catch a flight for the leadership council in Lyon).  But know that my missionary experiences here in France are bringing me much joy!

Yes, we were able to watch the "Work of Salvation" transmission this last weekend and were very excited about the great news and the incredible motivating spirit that was felt (it was also cool to see Sister Sorensen in a room with an apostle).  It's true that we live in a very quickly changing world and we need to adapt as members and as missionaries to be able to hasten the Lord's work as the world hastens it's pace.  I don't think that I want a facebook, though. ;)

This last week was full of some miracle-making with my delightful new companion, Elder Johnson.  I guess that I could start by telling you about Shadrack, Meeshack and Abindigo.  A few weeks ago, I contacted a Protestant student on the tram and we talked about religion.  He had a great knowledge and a great confidence in his testimony, but he was someone that would question EVERYTHING that was not known to him in the Bible.  For example, he questioned my missionary clothing, the Book of Mormon, etc.  I simply bore a humble testimony of the Book of Mormon and of the promise that it contains.  He told me that he wanted to see me again.  So this last week, we sat down with him, and his two Protestant friends.  We thought at first that they were just going to be arguing with us, but it turned out they were really sincere, humble and they all started asking honest questions like, "Why is the Book of Mormon important to you?  How does one become a Mormon?  Why do you baptize for the dead?"  We were able to answer most of their questions, read passages from the Book of Mormon together and feel the Spirit.  I felt the Spirit very strong as I testified of something that Paul said in Ephesians, that God wants us all to be unified in our faith.  It was a special experience to able to feel edified together with these Christian brethern.  We gave them all Book of Mormons with 2 Nephi 33 and they said they would read and pray.  They will also be coming to church this weekend to feel the Spirit and learn there.  If they get baptized, they would all make excellent missionaries!

Another cool little experience took place as we were waiting to catch a bus. Somebody in a car waved at us as they were driving by and we decided to go and talk to them.  We asked if they were members of our church and they said no.  They explained to us that they were old investigators and that they were taught by the missionaries about 40 years ago here in Bordeaux... by an Elder Romney!  Whoa!  They told us a little bit about what this experience was like.  Haha, the wife told us that she didn't like him.  Cool.

I should probably get going so that I can catch my flight.  I would like to just tell you that I know one thing for sure:  that the Book of Mormon is true.  It's promises are true.  It's Spirit is true.  It is a witness of the truth.  This truth is that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ, the Savior and Redeemer of Israel.  If we read this book and pray with sincerity, real intention and faith, we can know these things are true.  And, oh, how that will make us HAPPY!  I invite you to read from this amazing book EVERY DAY!

I love you and wish you joy in you lives this week.

AVEC AMOUR,

Elder Kunzler



No comments:

Post a Comment