Lyon, France

Monday, January 20, 2014

Dieu vitesse le droit

Dearest family and friends,

The operation went well.  I have six stitches in my foot.  I think that it was the first time that my french surgeon had seen a size thirteen foot.

Remember how I told you about the business professor that was brought to church by our Elder's Quorum President?  Before digging into more about what happened last week, I'd just like to go into a bit more detail about what happened last sunday.  So he came to church and really had a good experience.  After church, he went home and really did some reflecting.  He then decided to say a prayer sometime that evening.  In his prayer, he poured out his soul to God and had a very strong spiritual experience.  He told us that he felt a warmth that came into his chest that brought peace to his soul, like someone was saying to him that everything was going to be alright.  He then responded by asking God what he should do and he felt like the answer that he received was that he should continue to come to church and that this was the path that he ought to take.  It was at this point that he called Tahiana and he fixed a first appointment with us.

The first appointment went well.  He is an incredible person who is going through a bit of emotional torment at this point in his life.  He is a bit ruled by his emotions, he let them take him a bit too far and now he is separated from his girlfriend and he doesn't get to see his daughter as often as would like.  He is also feeling remorse for some other things that he has done in his life.  We taught him, for these reasons, about the Atonement of Jesus Christ so that he might now to what source to look to for a remission of his sins.  I don't know if it is good to publish other people's personal and spiritual experiences like I am, but I hope that these stories that I tell you serve you in some way.  The people who I teach have a big influence on me.  I will never be able to capture these experiences with just a few words in the time that I am given.  I love these people.  I am grateful for their humility and their sincerity.  Sometimes I only teach them once, with other people it is several lessons.  However many times it is, I am grateful for every teaching experience that I have.

Elder Behling and I are pleased to announce that we will be staying together here in Nice!   The best city in France, the perfect ward, the greatest people!  The conditions are perfect.  Baptisms are soon to follow.  Did you know that Joseph Fielding Smith did not have a single baptism on his mission to England?  I think that this interesting.

Kisky is the coolest investigator on this side of the Mississippi.  He knows the Bible like the back of his hand and reads the Book of Mormon vigarously, like a thirsty panther on the jungle floor.  He is seeking.  We taught him about the plan of salvation this last week and think that that is exactly what he needed.  He understand it perfectly and he asked the perfect questions.  He needs the testimony that Joseph Smith is truly a prophet and revelator.  And it will come.  He also needs to come to church.  And he will come.

This is the greatest work, the best two years.  I love every minute.  God speed the right!

Avec amour,

Elder Kunzler

No comments:

Post a Comment